Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Tie-dye poo

So I think I've found my favorite thing about juicing so far.  Or at least my favorite thing about juicing with beets...

You know how if you have a clear glass filled with water and if you add a droplet of food coloring you can watch droplet swirl in patterns as it starts to diffuse through the water?  Well, this morning I took a poo.  And before I flushed, I noticed that streaming from the poo were these beautiful, purple streaks of color emitting from, er, my "business" into the water in the toilet bowl.  For something that's normally so foul, it was actually kind of pretty.  So there's the plus side to juicing with beets!

I've also hit a more practical realization.  Just because my bottle is filled with 20 ounces of juice doesn't mean I need to drink all 20 ounces in a single sitting.  I think that's what's messing up my blood sugar - too much juice too fast.  My friend C reminded me that I shouldn't be worrying about "counting" sugar calories or trying to manage it, and I totally agree - like she said, this is my only source of nutrition.  I do, however, want to monitor the speed at which I'm ingesting it so I don't get the sugar rushed or feel like my blood sugar's out of whack!  Hopefully the smaller-but-more-frequent portions will allow me to intake the nutrients, sugars, etc. from the juices at a more even pace instead of having peaks and valleys...

As a just for fun, I wonder if I'll get naturally darker from ingesting so many beets and carrots?  Surely my skin will change to a nice golden color, right?  

1 comment:

  1. in answer to your question, yes, carrots and tomatoes and other foods like them can turn your skin different colors if you over-ingest for an extended period of time. #the more you know

    ReplyDelete