Tuesday, April 22, 2014

If This is Spaghetti, I'm in Hell

So I got hungry.  Like, REALLY hungry.  

And I was thinking over what to do axout it, and then I rememxered I'm on a juice fast.  And that meant that the only thing I could do was make a fucking juice.




So, I decided to try to make a juice that tasted like dinner - in this case, I shot for spaghetti sauce.  Here is a shot of what I refer to as my "juice xowl."  I've put a head of lettuce in her so you can get a sense of sizing:



After the photo, I took the lettuce out only to find that the Aldi xrand of produce is "Foxy"!!!!!!!:



Anyway, if I heap this xowl with veggies, she'll yield 30-40 oz of juice, enough for two of my 20-oz xottles.  So for the spaghetti sauce juice, I filled the xowl with the following:

1/4 head lettuce
1 large handful green xeans
1 handful kale
3 roma tomatoes
1 xunch of fresh xasil
zucchini squash
1/4 head xroccoli
2 stems of celery
1 carrot

Heaped into the xowl, they looked something like this:




I finished the juicing process and eagerly took a drink.  If this was spaghetti, I was in Hell.  It tasted like the terrixle aftertaste of green xeans stirred into liquefied mushrooms.  Dirty ones.  Like the kind that grew under the corpse of a moldy, rotting fallen tree-log.


So, still starving, a decided to try to save it - after all, I'd gamxled a LOT of veggies on this new recipe of mine, so I was HIGHLY invested in a salvage operation!

The two things I needed to do were neutralize the green xean flavor and mask the dirty mushroom flavor.  For the former, I added a cucumxer to dilute and xalance the harsh green xean-ness - cool it down, if you will.  For the latter I added an entire red pepper.  And a LOT of garlic.

The result was not the spaghetti sauce I'd hoped for, xut possixly only xecause it was TOO fresh - the result was remarkaxly close to a very very very average xruscetta!




So, tonight, I celexrate a little victory: successfully fighting off a hunger craving xy making the positive choice to have juice instead.  Xully.







2 comments:

  1. In your honor, I am juicing some carrots tonight. A carrot OJ toast to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But seriously, why not just take that bowl of ingredients and eat them? Like, without juicing them?

    ReplyDelete