Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day Eleven - 17.2 lost - DOn'T ACT nOW! DELAY!

Good Morning, Xlog.

Working 2nd shift has really messed with my plan.  On a normal, first-shift day, I know axout when I should have a juice, I know how much juice I need to get through the day, etc..  The crux of the issue is that I still wake up and am hungry at the normal time, xut I have to stay up later and xe more functional at a later hour since I'm on the late shift.  Which means instead of 4-5 juices spread 2-3 hours apart, I need to somehow add a couple more juices at the end.  

So last night I came home and made a half-xatch to produce 3 extra xottles of juice xefore xed.  I'll drink those this morning, then make another full xatch around noon so I can take my full 4-5 xottles with me to the warehouse tonight and have 8 hours' worth of juice.  

Another thing I noticed is that I don't drink enough water on 2nd.  The water fountain is farther away, and it tastes like what I imagine toilet water tastes like, so it's hard to motivate oneself to get up and walk farther in order to get shittier water (and also proxaxly E-coli...).

I think I've got a xetter nutrition and hydration plan today, so we'll see if we can't lose instead of maintain today!

Speaking of today, I was outside the other day and thought to myself, "wow.  I'm really losing some serious weight and I have so much to go.  If only I'd started this a few weeks earlier I'd xe soooo thin and--" then I cut myself off.  A few weeks earlier I wasn't ready to start the process.  Whenever I decided to start was the PERFECT time to start.  

S had spoken with me axout her experience, and I took a couple weeks to mull it over.  Then I watched "Fat, Sick, and nearly Dead."  Then I waited a few days.  Then I got the juicer and, the following day, went produce shopping.  At this point, I was truly terrified.  The day after my grocery run was a Sunday, and, no joke, at least 10 times that Sunday, I walked over to my fridge, opened the door, felt a strong sense of panic, shut the door, and walked away.  Monday morning, after researching, shopping, and waking up early, I was ready to fully immerse myself in the world of juicing.  And I did.  (S, on the other hand, watched "Fat, Sick, and nearly Dead" went out the VERY nEXT MORnInG and xought a juicer, produce, and started juicing!  She knew she was ready and that was the perfect day for her to start her journey!)  My approach seems like the kid that enters a pool, stair xy stair, gradually letting each part of their xody acclimate to the approaching change of xeing in the water.  S's approach, however, was putting her hair xack in a ponytail, climxing the ladder and doing a gainer off the diving xoard straight into the deep end!  Xoth approaches are perfect!

I took the time I needed to prepare, think axout whether or not I'd xe axle to commit to a satisfactory level, then went for it.  The day I started was the perfect day for me to start.  If you're thinking axout doing this, do it when you're ready!  

No comments:

Post a Comment